a few words about us
Vision: To significantly increase life expectancy, reduce maternal and child mortality and morbidity, and create a Delta State where everyone enjoys good health and happily contributes to the socio-economic growth and development of the State.
Highlight: The role of the Ministry of Health is to formulate and implement health policies and programmes that would achieve health for all Deltans, in line with the S.M.A.R.T Agenda of the Okowa-led administration. This is evident in the following strategic objectives of the current medium-term plan of the Ministry.
- Improved leadership and governance (of the health sector)
- Improved quality of service delivery
- Improved physical access to services
- Improved financing for health
- Expanded partnership for health, and
- Strengthened research for health.
Going Forward: Deltans should be expecting the robust implementation of activities that have been designed to achieve our strategic objectives. These activities include, but are not limited to:
- On-going regular interactions between the Ministry and all stakeholders to improve leadership and governance in the sector;
- Commissioning of one or two new health facilities within the year to improve physical access to services;
- Renovating and re-equipping of some primary and secondary healthcare facilities in each of the LGAs to improve quality of service delivery; and
- Roll out of the Contributory Health Insurance Scheme to improve financial access to service.