The role of the Ministry of Health is to formulate and implement health policies and programmes that would achieve health for all Deltans, in line with the S.M.A.R.T Agenda of the Okowa-led administration. This is evident in the following strategic objectives of the current medium-term plan of the Ministry.
- Improved leadership and governance (of the health sector)
- Improved quality of service delivery
- Improved physical access to services
- Improved financing for health
- Expanded partnership for health, and
- Strengthened research for health.